The Alabama Hammers are entering 2nd season of youth arena football. The HYIFL allows kids 8 to 14 the opportunity to play football in the spring and experience the fast paced and thrilling action that makes arena football one of the country’s fastest and most exciting sport. The Hammers coaches and staff will work hand‐in‐hand with several area youth football coaches to adapt the professional rules to meet youth abilities. The result is a game that is focused heavily on having fun and developing skills in a condensed 8‐on‐8 indoor football format.
2013 Registration: The cost of registration: (14U, 12U, 10U) $200 or $125 in player supplies own equipment. There are 3 forms that need to be completed (Medical, Registration, & Waiver). They can be found on the website (AlabamaHammers.com) under the Youth Indoor Football League tab or attached if you received this though email.
Coaching: If you have interest in Coaching in the HYIFL please fill out the volunteer form located on the website youth league website or attached to this email. Background checks will be required for ALL potential coaches. The Hammers staff and players will conduct a Coaching Clinic for all coaches concerning game strategies and rules or the game.
All coaches must fill out new volunteer form every year (Head, Assistant, or team management). 2013 season coaches will be required to have the Player ID form in a book and present at all games and practices.
All coaches must be approved by the HYIFL. There are limited spots and there is a limit to the number of teams and players.
Each youth football player will be provided with the following:
- Tackle teams: Helmet, Shoulder Pads, and pants pads (those that paid full price), equipment must be returned in good order
- Official Game Jersey to keep – all age groups
- 1 Hammers Season Ticket
- Arena football skills camp provided by the Hammers Players and Coaches
League: There will be 4 Divisions:
|Age Cutoff as of July 31st 2013|
|Tackle||14 / 13 / 12||Unrestricted|
|Tackle||12 / 11 / 10||Ball carrier max 135lbs|
|Tackle||10 / 9 / 8||Ball carrier max 115lbs|
Each team is limited to a maximum of 14 players per team and must have a minimum of 10 players to participate.
Schedule: Each youth team will play 7 regular games with at least 3 at the arena, the rest at select outdoor facilities. Opportunities to play multiple exhibitions in Huntsville and Knoxville arenas
- Practice can start March 8th
- Travel to other arena will be available
- Exhibition play will be at available to be played during pre game and halftime of select PIFL games
- Each game will be 4 – 10 min quarters with a running clock
- The last minute of the 4th quarter will be regular time stoppage as is in arena football.